Location: Fort Worth
Texas Rising seeks a full-time Regional Field Coordinator in Fort Worth. Texas Rising is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement of young Texans working toward equality and social justice.
The Regional Field Coordinator is the face of Texas Rising in Fort Worth, working to advance and grow our network of activists and organizers. The Regional Field Coordinator in Fort Worth will need to be able to travel frequently between Fort Worth and Dallas. The primary responsibilities of a Regional Field Coordinator include recruiting, training, and managing teams of college-age students on area campuses to build grassroots power and implement civic engagement and issue-based advocacy campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a plan to organize their region based on its unique characteristics
- Volunteer management
- Part time paid organizing staff management
- Coordinating TX Rising student chapters on targeted campuses in the Fort Worth area
- Implementing voter engagement campaign which includes voter registration, voter education, and Get Out The Vote (GOTV) efforts (including phone banking, text outreach, and block walking)
- Developing and maintain relationships with partner organizations and allies
- Building participation in all TX Rising events through various outreach strategies
- Implementing issue advocacy campaigns related to issues such as access to birth control and abortion, support for quality public schools, voting rights, and LGBTQ equality
- Travel frequently to campus chapters to assist in planning and execution of grassroots electoral and issue-advocacy campaigns
- Preparing and leading youth advocacy and organizing trainings
- Serving as TX Rising representative at events, conferences and meetings, including occasional public speaking engagements
- Coordinating logistics of TX Rising outreach events, including trainings, visibility events, speaker forums and lobby days
- Occasional travel to TX Rising events throughout the state
Extensive travel and sometimes working long and/or irregular hours are required. This position reports directly to the Texas Rising Director and is based Fort Worth, with frequent travel to Dallas .
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants must be well organized, resourceful and persistent; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; and demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization. Applicants must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment. Ideal candidate will be able to bring people together and motivate them to get involved in the political process. Entrepreneurial spirit and the capacity to build and implement a plan for your region is preferred. Fluency in Spanish is preferred. Experience in volunteer and staff management is preferred.
Annual salary is highly competitive; excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid time off.
Email cover letter, resume and three references to Rae Martinez, Texas Rising Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.