Location: San Antonio / San Marcos
Do you have a passion for civic engagement? Are you excited for the upcoming election? We have a job for you! Texas Rising is looking to hire a field manager for our voter registration program in Houston.
Texas Rising is a program of the Texas Freedom Network (a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization) that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
- Recruit, train, and manage paid canvassing staff
- Part time position at $19/hr
- 20 – 25 hrs a Week
- Coach, shadow, and make work plans with paid canvassing staff in the field
- Meet numerical expectations for daily contacts with voters
- Attend a day-long training, plus additional one-on-one training with the Regional Field Coordinator to learn about Texas Rising and your role as Field Manager
- Manage canvassing operation, including but not limited to: tracking hours, ensuring team members meet expectations, and coordinating logistics, including managing supplies.
- Maintain regular communication with the Regional Field Coordinator & Political and Civic Engagement Coordinator, including but not limited to providing reports on canvasser performance and progress toward campaign goals
- Ability to work well with a team, take direction and feedback, and share skills and knowledge
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Ability to work respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-motivated
- Ability to manage a team of 5 – 10 people
- Ability to work around 4-6 hours a day for 4-5 days a week
- Ability to be active and mobile on campuses
- Must be willing to get deputized to register voters
- Have a keen attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Passion for progressive politics, youth organizing and grassroots communities.
- Must have access to a laptop, smartphone, and reliable transportation
- Previous experience in canvassing or other civic engagement campaigns required
- Bilingual; English and Spanish preferred but not required
- Management experience preferred but not required
Send your resume and 3 references to email@example.com
Texas Freedom Network is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.