Location: San Marcos
The Texas Freedom Network is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
The Campus Organizer will work in San Marcos on our youth engagement program, Texas Rising. They will work to build power on their campus and in their community by organizing to increase voter participation. This position begins after July 15th and ends December 15th, is part-time, and will require 15 – 20 hrs a week. The responsibilities of the Campus Organizer will be to build the base of Texas Rising students, conduct issue and voter registration campaigns, and occasional administrative and data entry tasks. Campus Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to spend many active hours outdoors interacting with students on campus. Campus Organizers report to the Regional Field Coordinator in their region.
- Candidate must have a desire to learn and a willingness to receive feedback
- Candidates must have the ability to communicate with diverse communities and leaders
- Candidates must be willing to get deputized to register voters, ideal candidate is already deputized
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Candidates must have a passion for LGBTQ equality, reproductive justice, criminal justice reform, immigration reform, and voting rights
TO APPLY: Email resume and three references to Lexy Garcia ([email protected]). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.