Texas Rising seeks a full-time Digital Organizing Coordinator based in Austin. Texas Rising is a project of the Texas Freedom Network (TFN), a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
The Digital Organizing Coordinator works collaboratively with the communications and outreach teams to create original and innovative online content, and build strategic media partnerships to spread the reach of Texas Rising. Your goal: engage, influence and mobilize a generation of young progressive Texans, with an emphasis on those ages 30 and under.
The first six months of this position will heavily focus on launching an exciting new digital project aimed at building Latinx power in Texas by working with micro-influencers primarily on YouTube and Instagram. If you’re ready to hit the ground running and execute on an ambitious project timeline, we want to hear from you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop, promote, and monitor online content (60%)
- Recruit and manage YouTube and Instagram micro-influencers
- Daily management of social media platforms
- Write and produce compelling original content for social media, web properties and organizational email on a variety of topics, including: civic engagement, issue-based education and advocacy, calls-to-action and program news.
- Work with a team to create an ongoing series of videos to build out a voter engagement reference library on both YouTube & Instagram.
- Monitor and report metrics to internal and external stakeholders.
Build, engage and activate online communities (20%)
- Identify new digital organizing opportunities and tactics to keep folks engaged.
- Recruit and manage digital volunteers, as needed, create and maintain community spaces for highly-engaged members, such as Facebook and/or Slack groups.
- Work with the field and outreach team to execute online-to-offline actions and events.
Develop and execute earned media strategy (20%)
- Assist and coordinate with the communications team to develop and implement a public relations plan to increase news media coverage and visibility in key markets and with influential digital publications or online personalities.
- Assist with writing and editing program briefs, talking points, marketing materials, press releases, etc.
Extensive travel and occasional long and/or irregular work hours are required.
Qualifications and Skills
A successful Digital Organizing and Communications Coordinator will be:
- Dedicated to progressive values, as well as the mission and goals of Texas Rising and the Texas Freedom Network.
- Passionate about building progressive power in under 30s — especially within Latinx communities and at historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs).
- An organized project manager
- A digital native
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about online video production and platforms
- Your background includes some mix of: social media management, digital organizing, communications, journalism, marketing or public relations.
Applicants with any of these additional skills are especially encouraged to apply:
- Experience creating and editing videos
- Experience working on progressive campaigns or at advocacy organizations
- Fluency in Spanish
Annual salary for this position is highly competitive; excellent benefits include 100% employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
Email your cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. with the subject Digital Organizing and Communications Coordinator.
While not required, folks with a digital portfolio are encouraged to share via link.
The application deadline is August 26, 2019. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.